0 comments Posted by Tracy Rolling at 6:36 AM
Silenced, screening + panel discussion @ #Transmediale #tm15
People in the film
- James Spione, director of the film Silenced
- Jesselyn Radack, former senior National Security Agency attorney leaked emails to expose cover-ups in relation to John Walker Lindh, the "American Taliban," an American citizen who was captured in Afghanistan. She now legally represents whistleblowers and works to educate the public about how whistleblowers are intimidated and suppressed.
- Thomas Drake (Twitter), formerly worked for the NSA, exposed NSA abuses of surveillance after 9/11.
- John Kiriakou, formerly Chief of CIA Counterterrorism in Pakistan, responsible for the capture of Abu Zubaydah, author of Reluctant Spy
- Edward Snowden
People on the panel
- Sarah Harrison, editor of Wikileaks
- William Binney former NSA employee, helped to develop ThinThread, Winner of the Sam Adams award for integrity in Intelligence
- Jesselyn Radack
- Thomas Drake
- Chelsea Manning leaked classified information to WikiLeaks The material included videos of the July 12, 2007 Baghdad airstrike, and the 2009 Granai airstrike in Afghanistan; 250,000U.S. diplomatic cables; and 500,000 Army reports that came to be known as theIraq War logs and Afghan War logs.
- Barret Brown, linked to Anonymous
- Jeffrey Sterling, former CIA officer
- Dan Ellsberg is an activist and former United States military analyst who, while employed by the RAND Corporation, precipitated a national political controversy in 1971 when he released the Pentagon Papers, a top-secret Pentagon study of U.S. government decision-making in relation to the Vietnam War, to The New York Times and other newspapers.
- Human Rights Watch
- Amnesty International
- Espionnage Act
- FISA, Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act
- The 4th Amendment, prohibiting unreasonable search and seizure
- CIPA hearing, Classified Informations Procedure Act
- Rule 4 allows the government to have an in-camera discussion with the judge without the defendant or his counsel getting any information about what is said
- Phil Zimmermann, safe encryption for the masses
- James Bamford, The Puzzle Palace
- Friedrich Kittler, No Such Agency (German), (English) 1986, coined, “crypto-industrial complex"
- Gilles Deleuze, Post Scriptum on the Societies of Control, 1990, (French) (English)